Six and Counting...
A child's dream, not yet a reality, still a dream. A 13yr old boy had a dream to make it big and in the process there has been lot of learning and most importantly with time there was clarity. Clarity of thought, purpose and vision.
2002... The first stepping-stone...
The first attempt of chasing the dream. There have been a lucky few and got through the very first time. I'm one of those who believed luck is defined as the meeting of preparation with opportunity. Geared up myself for getting into the act of preparing for the opportunity. On the D-day everything looked possible until there was a surprise. And I love surprises, it happened I did not make it.
Lesson learnt: I've given my best shot and yet my best was not enough. Results matter at the end of the day.
2003... The second stone....
Got into a job, for killing time and making money. Made the best use of time, time spent in cabs preparing for the big day, making sure not to repeat the mistakes I've done in the past year, shifting gears and giving it a tough shot. Resigned job to chase my dream, and yet one more surprise... I did not make it.
Lesson Learnt: If I had to be a winner I need to think and most importantly act like a winner
2004... The third stone...
Got into another job, to get rid of the guilt of not making it through and had fun. Started my preparation kept it going, gave it a deeper look as to what happened and what I need to do to achieve the results. Ensured that I should not repeat the mistakes I've done, I focused on my weaker areas and tried to get stronger. On the D-day I was not sure, this time I truly wanted to surprise... A GOOD NEWS... however, there was no change, I was getting used to it, A failure again.
Lesson Learnt: If you repeatedly do the same things, you'll get the same results. For different results, act differently with the result in mind.
2005...The fourth stone...
From the lessons learnt earlier, I was truly focusing on what I should not be doing instead of focusing on what needs to be done. Hmm...Gave it a lighter tone this time...not taking pressure and tried to have fun along the journey and had lot of joy in the preparation, however, I noticed my preparation was there but was not complete, still satisfied with the preparation and gave it a shot... And no more surprises for guessing... I failed again… :)
Lesson Learnt: The level of thinking should be raised each time; the world is not the same always. In today's world you need to run to be at the same place, if you need to beat your competition - Run FASTER.
2006..The fifth stone...
Enough is enough... it's time for life to give me it's due and this time I'm going to take it, forget the lessons learnt, forget everything, be a kid, as if I was doing it for the first time. With lots of energy went on with the show, kept my energy levels up. Didn’t worry about the past not worrying about what is to come, just kept going with my preparation. As they say in Telugu, like a true warrior, I decided, "Vijayamo veera swargamo" and went on… There was difference in my approach but there was no difference in the result. I got close, but not close enough to make my dream come true.
Lesson learnt: It’s not enough to get close to the line, what matters is whether you crossed the line or not.
2007...A break from the stone story...
Time for having some fun, taking a different route I thought, I wanted to just take a break from collecting all my failure stones... and just wanted to focus my energy on my ultimate goal. Worked towards it. Nevertheless, kept my experiences and my dream did not let me sleep...
2008...The sixth stone... Now a milestone...
This time, I was not sure whether I really wanted to give it a shot, and just at the nick of time I thought I would give it a shot... I made up my mind and have done a crash preparation or literally no preparation for the D-day… I did not care what's going to be the result...I just wanted to have fun on the run... on the D-day I had loads of fun, enjoyed the show and as I did not bother about the result, the result did not bother me... I collected my sixth stone...
Lesson Learnt: As Tendulkar has said brilliantly - ' there will be stones in the journey, it's important to collect them and convert them into mile stones' and this realization I’m sure will take me a long way...
Over all these years, I would appreciate myself for the Never say die attitude and carrying failure with cheer...
To my surprise I'm sure I will make my dream come true... and dream I'm chasing is cracking CAT...This is not my ultimate goal.. I know I'm here for a bigger reason, just to make the child in me happy, I want to bell the CAT...
2002... The first stepping-stone...
The first attempt of chasing the dream. There have been a lucky few and got through the very first time. I'm one of those who believed luck is defined as the meeting of preparation with opportunity. Geared up myself for getting into the act of preparing for the opportunity. On the D-day everything looked possible until there was a surprise. And I love surprises, it happened I did not make it.
Lesson learnt: I've given my best shot and yet my best was not enough. Results matter at the end of the day.
2003... The second stone....
Got into a job, for killing time and making money. Made the best use of time, time spent in cabs preparing for the big day, making sure not to repeat the mistakes I've done in the past year, shifting gears and giving it a tough shot. Resigned job to chase my dream, and yet one more surprise... I did not make it.
Lesson Learnt: If I had to be a winner I need to think and most importantly act like a winner
2004... The third stone...
Got into another job, to get rid of the guilt of not making it through and had fun. Started my preparation kept it going, gave it a deeper look as to what happened and what I need to do to achieve the results. Ensured that I should not repeat the mistakes I've done, I focused on my weaker areas and tried to get stronger. On the D-day I was not sure, this time I truly wanted to surprise... A GOOD NEWS... however, there was no change, I was getting used to it, A failure again.
Lesson Learnt: If you repeatedly do the same things, you'll get the same results. For different results, act differently with the result in mind.
2005...The fourth stone...
From the lessons learnt earlier, I was truly focusing on what I should not be doing instead of focusing on what needs to be done. Hmm...Gave it a lighter tone this time...not taking pressure and tried to have fun along the journey and had lot of joy in the preparation, however, I noticed my preparation was there but was not complete, still satisfied with the preparation and gave it a shot... And no more surprises for guessing... I failed again… :)
Lesson Learnt: The level of thinking should be raised each time; the world is not the same always. In today's world you need to run to be at the same place, if you need to beat your competition - Run FASTER.
2006..The fifth stone...
Enough is enough... it's time for life to give me it's due and this time I'm going to take it, forget the lessons learnt, forget everything, be a kid, as if I was doing it for the first time. With lots of energy went on with the show, kept my energy levels up. Didn’t worry about the past not worrying about what is to come, just kept going with my preparation. As they say in Telugu, like a true warrior, I decided, "Vijayamo veera swargamo" and went on… There was difference in my approach but there was no difference in the result. I got close, but not close enough to make my dream come true.
Lesson learnt: It’s not enough to get close to the line, what matters is whether you crossed the line or not.
2007...A break from the stone story...
Time for having some fun, taking a different route I thought, I wanted to just take a break from collecting all my failure stones... and just wanted to focus my energy on my ultimate goal. Worked towards it. Nevertheless, kept my experiences and my dream did not let me sleep...
2008...The sixth stone... Now a milestone...
This time, I was not sure whether I really wanted to give it a shot, and just at the nick of time I thought I would give it a shot... I made up my mind and have done a crash preparation or literally no preparation for the D-day… I did not care what's going to be the result...I just wanted to have fun on the run... on the D-day I had loads of fun, enjoyed the show and as I did not bother about the result, the result did not bother me... I collected my sixth stone...
Lesson Learnt: As Tendulkar has said brilliantly - ' there will be stones in the journey, it's important to collect them and convert them into mile stones' and this realization I’m sure will take me a long way...
Over all these years, I would appreciate myself for the Never say die attitude and carrying failure with cheer...
To my surprise I'm sure I will make my dream come true... and dream I'm chasing is cracking CAT...This is not my ultimate goal.. I know I'm here for a bigger reason, just to make the child in me happy, I want to bell the CAT...

3 Comments:
Milestones surely as long as you keep up the attitude...Nice post .
Yamini
Thanks... and yes the most important thing that I did not mention in the post would be... "When you lose, don't lose the lesson". I'm sure I'm picking up my lessons on the way. :)
Just came to your movie blog on intuition and so many movies being reviewed ...so suddenly :). Nice...
Yamini
Post a Comment
<< Home